I picked the image above to represent this post because the summer of 2012 was when I became an official writer/photographer.
In the coming months, I might actually do a lot more teaching, but then I’ll be living all my dreams: to have time to do my art/photography/writing, teach Spanish and be more or less autonomous.
Oh, I have LOTS more dreams, but those are the current ones I’m trying to realize.
What does that mean for this blog? Nothing but excitement!
I wrote a goals post the other day, but I also wanted to do a “look ahead” post to see what’s in store for 2013.
Now that I have the new theme and a lot of related changes done, I’m focusing on a slight change of direction for this blog.
So what’s in store?
- Photo challenges that everyone can participate in and I’ll feature them here.
- Continue to build my Zazzle store and share my photography with you.
- Incorporate more of my regular artwork into this blog and have a separate gallery for it – these will be my paintings/drawings.
- Participation in photo challenges.
- Find more writers/photographers to blog hop with.
- Have at least 1-2 guest posts per month.
- Figure out once and for all how to do affiliate links on WordPress. It was no problem on Blogger, but for some reason it seems a lot more complicated on WP.
- Incorporate lots of vlogs.
- Manage my posts and sharing with Hootsuite. Yeah, I have an account with them but the last email I got from them was entitled, “Have you been eaten by alligators?”
- Increase my visibility with ad campaigns.
- Do a lot more travelling which will be conducive to a lot more pictures.
- Continue to build my Zazzle store, write a LOT more Hubs and have this website serve as the go-to point for my online presence.
- Branch out and do a lot more Spanish (yes, Spanish) teaching videos and put those on HubPages, but provide links here.
- Have thematic posts: like Flashback Fridays, Monochromatic Mondays, Wordless or Water Wednesdays and more.
- Focus on boosting my rankings on sites like BlogHer, BlogNation and Blogaholics. PS – if you like my site, will you vote for me? Click on the badge below and you can cast your vote…pretty please?
So there you have it. I’ll be posting a January photo challenge very soon, but until then, Happy New Year!
Enjoy my year-in-review photo vlog (sorry, the captions uploaded a little weirdly; they were fine when I clicked “save movie” so who knows, haha):