After a nice little Christmas-day break, I’m ready to go back to it.
However, I’ve been thinking about the direction of this blog for the past several weeks and I’m definitely going to incorporate some changes for 2013.
- First will be a theme-change to highlight my articles and photography. I haven’t done it yet because I want to make sure I get around the possibility of losing my data as I change themes.
- My posts are going to become less personal in nature. It’s because of much research with regard to the direction I need and want to go. Sure, I’ll include some personal stuff, but it’ll all center around photo tips, tricks, and other how to’s.
- My posts will also include products I’m working on with Zazzle, favorite photos, photo edits, and summaries to articles I’m working on.
- A new home page that will be easier to navigate.
Goals for 2013
I’m glad I’ve waited to write this post with regard to goals. I admit I have clear goals, but sometimes I get a little side-tracked.
- I want this blog to serve as a “hub” for my online activity. That means am going to write a lot more Hub articles for HubPages, post a lot more Zazzle products and I want to use this site to direct traffic to those sites.
- Continue to do themed-photography but take photos that are conducive to building Zazzle products.
- Write 3 posts per week (okay, maybe more). While the themes will vary, I’ll have a once-weekly how-to post, photo-review posts, Zazzle posts, stuff I learn with regard to photography, and summary/follow up/looking more in-depth to the things I publish on HubPages. Thus I will not be posting here every single day like I have been.
- Pre-schedule all my posts. That means I have each one ready by 8am on M, W, F.
- Include a LOT of photo-tip sort of stuff that I learn along the way.
- Include inspirational posts relating to writing/photography.